Indecent Exposure - Tulsa Trial Attorneys
Client Reviews From Indecent Exposure Cases
“200 PERCENT OUTSTANDING LAW FIRM WILL ABSOLUTELY GO TO BATTLE FOR YOU. VERY PROFESSIONAL & MOTIVATE. THE BEST LAW FIRM IN TULSA.” M.M. 1/5/19
“THEY ARE SIMPLY THE BEST. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON ANYONE ELSE.” K.Z. 12/27/18
First and foremost, call us right away at 918-884-7791. Depending on your circumstance and your charges, you may have a specific time to respond. Whenever there is an arrest, time is of the essence. Anyone arrested has certain constitutional rights that attach at the time of arrest that need to be asserted right away to protect you, your friend or family member. With a DUI there are four key issues that are effected by waiting;
IF YOU HAVE BEEN FALSELY ACCUSED OF DRINKING WE NEED TO HAVE YOU TAKE AN ETG TEST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,
YOU ONLY HAVE 15 DAYS TO CHALLENGE THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR LICENSE,
EARLY SUBPOENAING OF DASH CAM VIDEO AND CHEMICAL BREATH TESTING SERVICE LOGS MAKES FOR A QUICKER RESOLUTION,
DEPENDING ON YOUR IMMIGRATION STATUS RECEIVING A REASONABLE BOND FROM THE STATE MAY MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SITTING IN JAIL OR AT HOME AWAITING RESOLUTION OF YOUR CASE.
Every person who willfully and knowingly either:
1. Lewdly exposes his or her person or genitals in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; provided, however, for purposes of this section, a person alleged to have committed an act of public urination shall be prosecuted pursuant to Section 22 of this title unless such act was accompanied with another act that violates paragraphs 2 through 4 of this subsection and shall not be subject to registration under the Sex Offenders Registration Act;
2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person to expose such person, or to make any other exhibition of such person to public view or to the view of any number of persons, for the purpose of sexual stimulation of the viewer;
3. Writes, composes, stereotypes, prints, photographs, designs, copies, draws, engraves, paints, molds, cuts, or otherwise prepares, publishes, sells, distributes, keeps for sale, knowingly downloads on a computer, or exhibits any obscene material or child pornography; or
4. Makes, prepares, cuts, sells, gives, loans, distributes, keeps for sale, or exhibits any disc record, metal, plastic, or wax, wire or tape recording, or any type of obscene material or child pornography,
shall be guilty, upon conviction, of a felony and shall be punished by the imposition of a minimum fine of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) and a maximum of Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000.00) or by imprisonment for a minimum of thirty (30) days nor more than ten (10) years, or by both such fine and imprisonment. 21 O.S. 1021
Indecent Exposure - Elements
No person may be convicted of indecent exposure unless the State has proved beyond a reasonable doubt each element of the crime. These elements are:
(2) and in a lewd manner;
(3) exposed his / her person / penis / vagina;
(4) in a (public place) / (place where there were present other persons to be offended / annoyed thereby).
Indecent Exposure - Solicitation of Minors
Every person who:
1. Willfully solicits or aids a minor child to perform; or
2. Shows, exhibits, loans, or distributes to a minor child any obscene material or child pornography for the purpose of inducing said minor to participate in,
any act specified in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 or 4 above shall be guilty of a felony, upon conviction, and shall be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a minimum of ten (10) years nor more than thirty (30) years, except when the minor child is under twelve (12) years of age at the time the offense is committed, and in such case the person shall, upon conviction, be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a minimum of twenty-five (25) years.
C. Persons convicted under this section shall not be eligible for a deferred sentence.
D. Except for persons sentenced to life or life without parole, any person sentenced to imprisonment for two (2) years or more for a violation of this section shall be required to serve a term of post-imprisonment supervision pursuant to subparagraph f of paragraph 1 of subsection A of Section 991a of Title 22 of the Oklahoma Statutes under conditions determined by the Department of Corrections. The jury shall be advised that the mandatory post-imprisonment supervision shall be in addition to the actual imprisonment.
E. For purposes of this section, "downloading on a computer" means electronically transferring an electronic file from one computer or electronic media to another computer or electronic media. 21 O.S. 1021
Lewd or Indecent Proposals or Acts to Child Under 16
It is a felony for any person to knowingly and intentionally:
1. Make any oral, written or electronically or computer-generated lewd or indecent proposal to any child under sixteen (16) years of age, or other individual the person believes to be a child under sixteen (16) years of age, for the child to have unlawful sexual relations or sexual intercourse with any person; or
2. Look upon, touch, maul, or feel the body or private parts of any child under sixteen (16) years of age in any lewd or lascivious manner by any acts against public decency and morality, as defined by law; or
3. Ask, invite, entice, or persuade any child under sixteen (16) years of age, or other individual the person believes to be a child under sixteen (16) years of age, to go alone with any person to a secluded, remote, or secret place, with the unlawful and willful intent and purpose then and there to commit any crime against public decency and morality, as defined by law, with the child; or
4. In any manner lewdly or lasciviously look upon, touch, maul, or feel the body or private parts of any child under sixteen (16) years of age in any indecent manner or in any manner relating to sexual matters or sexual interest; or
5. In a lewd and lascivious manner and for the purpose of sexual gratification:
a. urinate or defecate upon a child under sixteen (16) years of age, or force or require a child to defecate or urinate upon the body or private parts of another, or for the purpose of sexual gratification,
b. ejaculate upon or in the presence of a child,
c. cause, expose, force or require a child to look upon the body or private parts of another person,
d. force or require any child under sixteen (16) years of age or other individual the person believes to be a child under sixteen (16) years of age, to view any obscene materials, child pornography or materials deemed harmful to minors as such terms are defined by Sections 1024.1 and 1040.75 of this title,
e. cause, expose, force or require a child to look upon sexual acts performed in the presence of the child, or
f. force or require a child to touch or feel the body or private parts of the child or another person.
Any person convicted of any violation of this subsection shall be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a minimum of three (3) years nor more than twenty (20) years, except when the child is under twelve (12) years of age at the time the offense is committed, and in such case the person shall, upon conviction, be punished by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for a minimum of twenty-five (25) years. 21 O.S. 1123
Charged with a Sex Offense in Oklahoma
Rape, and other Sex Offenses, are not only some of the most serious crimes that a person can be charged with, but they carry some of the most extensive and lasting consequences if convicted. Individuals convicted of a sex crime, are required to register as a sex offender, which will affect where they can live, work, and travel for the rest of their life. Beyond that, the emotional toll it will take on the person and their family is immeasurable.
Unfortunately, when it comes to allegations of Rape or other Sex Crimes, many people have a tendency to see the accused person as guilty until proven innocent. This is the opposite of how it should be. It can quickly turn into a witch-hunt without the proper legal representation. This can be very frustrating and you will want to protest. The danger is that even your words of protest and your attempts to explain may be twisted and used against you. You must be very very careful.
This is an overwhelming, stressful, and uncertain time for both you and your family. Let an experienced team of attorneys help guide you through this scary time. Make sure that your attorney is experienced, aggressive, and compassionate.
Sex Offender Registration Act (SORA)
Both First and Second Degree Rape require that you register under the Sex Offender Registration Act (SORA).
Other Sex Crimes
Sex Crime Definitions
Indecent Exposure Litigation Expertise
Rape and other Sex Offense charges in Oklahoma require an aggressive defense. No matter which sex offense charges you face, it is important to have an attorney who will help you navigate the complex judicial system and provide you with a clear understanding of the charges you face. When defending sex crime charges, it is necessary to obtain experienced, aggressive, and compassionate representation quickly. The smallest detail or piece of evidence can make all the difference. The longer you wait to hire a criminal defense attorney the greater the stress and the greater the advantage to the prosecution.