Can I have a custody order modified?

It is possible

Similar to the original order, you will have the option of negotiating a modification, or of arguing your case before a judge. There are a lot of reasons that a custody order might need to be modified. Perhaps one parent had a drug or alcohol problem at the time of the original order, but they are now sober and able to more effectively parent. Perhaps you or the other parent is moving out of state and it’s decided that it would be better for the kids to live with one parent more consistently rather than going back and forth. Maybe you just feel that the original custody agreement was entirely unfair and you want to have a go at modifying it. Whatever the reason, we will help you get it done as smoothly and efficiently as possible.


Whatever your circumstance, you deserve a loyal and trustworthy advocate. It is important that you sit down with your attorney and discuss thoroughly the options that you have and the things that really matter to you. We will help you figure things out. We are good at asking questions, and we are good at getting results. Call us today.

There are a lot of moving parts and it can be very difficult to navigate. This is where experience and compassion matter. Boeheim Freeman Law is committed to helping you through this process and providing you with the best legal representation and counsel. Why hire an attorney, when you can hire a team?

Call today for your free consultation at 918-884-7791